10 REASONS to use WordPress for your website: Every day, there are new people wanting to learn how to set up their own websites online. They may want a new website for their small business, online business, their community group, for themselves, or just for fun. What they all have in common is that they want to get a message out to the world and they don’t want to have to deal with learning HTML or some sort of coding language just to do it.
Reasons to Use WordPress For Your Website
That is where WordPress comes in. WordPress is a blogging platform that has evolved over several years into a complete website solution from personal blogs to E-commerce sites to business sites. Thousands of plugins and themes have been developed for WordPress that makes it super flexible. Most of the plugins that you find are free and are easy to install with just a couple of clicks of a button. They add functions such as social buttons, contact forms, calendars, and SEO Optimization just to name a few. Themes are also largely free and will completely change the look and feel of your site. Some themes are very flexible allowing you to change the colors, fonts, and more with just a couple of button clicks.
But that is just the start of why WordPress is such an awesome platform for people to design their websites. Whether you are designing your first website or have already built your fair share, WordPress is a great platform to use.
Here are my Top 10 Reasons You Should Use WordPress To Design Your Website
1) One-click install from Cpanel – When you build a website, you have to register a domain and purchase hosting. Most hosting companies have what is called a Cpanel for your hosting account where you can manage all sorts of things related to your hosting such as e-mail accounts, databases, file management, and more. Cpanel has an area called Fantastico that allows you to install some specific services for your website. WordPress is one of those services and it can be installed in just a couple of clicks.
2) Thousands of Free Plugins – WordPress has thousands of free plugins that will add functionality to your website. I can’t even begin to list the hundreds of different functions you can add to your website by using free plugins. The first place to search for plugins is at the WordPress Plugin Directory. Just search there for the type of functionality you are looking for.
3) Thousands of Free Themes – Much like plugins, WordPress has thousands of free themes that will completely change the look and feel of your blog. You can virtually make your site look however you want just by finding the right theme to start with. Start by searching for themes at the WordPress Themes Directory.
4) Say no to HTML – One of the most attractive things about using WordPress is that zero HTML knowledge is required to use it. Everything is done through an easy to learn user interface. If you want to do more advanced customization, some HTML knowledge will come in handy, but it is not necessary for operating your website.
5) Google Loves It – WordPress is set up in such a way that Google can easily crawl your site and index its sites. On-Site optimization is very important for search rankings so if you are trying to get your site ranked, WordPress is a great way to go. There are also a ton of plugins that improve On-Site optimization.
6) Constant Security Updates – WordPress is constantly releasing new versions of its platform to improve functionality and security. Whenever an update comes out, you are notified in your admin dashboard area and can update to the latest version with just a click.
7) Tons of Training Available – If you ever need to learn how to do something using WordPress, just do a quick search on Google and you are likely to find an article or video teaching how to do it.
8) It’s Fast! – WordPress is designed to be lightweight and load your website and its pages fast. Google loves to see this and so will the visitors to your site. There are even plugins that will help speed up your website even more.
9) Widgets – Widgets are a cool part of WordPress that allows you to easily add different functions to different parts of your blog. Most themes have 1 or 2 “widgetized” areas that allow you to add different things. Often times, when you add a function using a plugin, it will be displayed in a widget area. The widgets are easy to organize differently so if you want to display something different on your website, it is very simple.
10) It’s Easy – Out of all of the solutions I have found online to build your own website, WordPress is the easiest I have found. The learning curve is not very steep and once you have played with it for just a little while, you will find yourself navigating your site and making changes to it in no time.
You will hear a lot of people say that they prefer HTML or that hiring web developers are better, but most people do not have the time or the money to invest in those things. With WordPress, you can be up and running with your website in a matter of minutes. So give it a try if you are wanting to start a new website.
If you aren’t sure where to start, head over to here to pick up a free course that goes into the details of setting up and customizing WordPress to build the website that you always wanted to.